Services to your client provide your repeating revenue
Services send invoices to your clients according to schedules you set and help ensure assets receive the proper services and that are being billed correctly.
Services are one of two core features. The other is asset management category
Requirements before creating services
- Client (required) – all services require a client is assigned.
- Offerings (required) – all services require that one or more offerings are included.
- Assets (optional, but recommended) – assets are usually connected with a service, but don't have to be.
Services are manually created – more about creating services.
Connecting assets to services
Assets should be connected to services wherever appropriate (i.e. you are providing and charging services for an asset such as a website or a domain name). To do this services require offerings that are associated with that asset's type. Then you can connect the asset to service via that offering. E.g. a website can be connected to its service via a "web hosting" offering.
Status of services
- Active – services that have commenced and are actively sending out invoices.
- Scheduled – a start date is set in the future and "Scheduled" services become "Active" once that date has been reached.
- Finished – have completed their set number of cycles or have been manually stopped (we recommend archiving finished services ASAP).
TOP TIP: the finished status is a useful reminder to undertake tasks you need to do with a finished service. When you have completed those tasks it's recommended that you archive finished service.
Services can be set to stop after a certain number of cycles or stopped manually. If neither of these things happen then services continue indefinitely.
Services that have any billing history can't be deleted, but they can be archived. If you try to archive an "Active" service Controlla will ask you to confirm that you want it stopped first.